1. We gather the following types of information needed to process your transactions and fulfill your requests:
- Contact information you provide (for example, your personal and business addresses, phone and fax numbers, firm affiliations and titles).
- Tracking information which our web server automatically recognizes each time you visit.
- Information you volunteer, via applications or surveys (for example, education, designations, specialties, affiliations with other real estate organizations and general demographic data).
2. We use this information to:
- Improve and customize the content and layout of our sites and other communication tools
- Send you e-mail news updates.
- Notify you of relevant products and services.
- Notify you of upcoming events and programs.
- Track usage of our sites.
- Assist local REALTOR® associations and affiliated Institutes, Societies and Councils in membership tracking and for their use for purposes similar to those listed above.
3. CGBR does not share, sell or trade e-mail addresses, but may provide you with on-line informational or marketing messages that have been approved by CGBR for the purposes described in Part 4 of this policy.
4. We will not share, sell or otherwise provide other information about you to third parties, except for:
- Partners in member benefit programs for the limited purpose of notifying you of CGBR-approved promotions.
- When required by law or valid legal process, or to protect the personal safety of our members or the public.
- Some or all of the data collected during promotions or contests on our sites that are sponsored by third parties may be shared with the sponsor for the limited purpose of a one-time marketing follow-up by the sponsor. If information about you will be shared with a sponsor you will be notified prior to your participation in the promotion or contest and you can decide not to participate in the promotion or contest.
5. Credit information that you and credit authorizers provide when you make payments by credit card or electronic check for products, dues or other services via the E-commerce site will only be used to process the transactions you request. This information will be provided to and maintained by reputable credit reporting databases, but will never be sold, shared or provided to other third parties.
6. We maintain security procedures and standards which we believe are as safe as today's technology permits. We test these procedures and modify them regularly as new technologies become feasible.
7. You may edit your personal contact information directly in the NRDS system maintained by the National Association of REALTORS® at www.REALTOR.org or by contacting CGBR.